Information We Collect
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly; information we collect about you when you visit our sites, use our services, or view our online advertisements; and information we collect about you from other sources (where permitted by law).
Information we collect directly from you:
We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Name, email address, postal address.
- Username and password.
- Phone number or mobile number.
- Date of birth.
- Other information about you and your family such as gender or product use preferences and/or behaviors.
- Biometrics collected during volunteer consumer research studies (such as facial expression recognition, heart rate, and skin condition)
- Demographic information.
- Payment information (such as a credit card).
- Future communication preferences
- Contact information for friends you may wish us to contact. When you provide us information for these refer a friend messages, we use the information only to send the message you request.
Information we collect when you visit our sites, use our services, or view our online advertisements:
- Your browser type and operating system.
- Web pages you view.
- Links you click.
- IP address.
- Site you visited before coming to our site.
- NIAB emails you open and/or forward
- NIAB offers or links you connect to via emails.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources.
- Name, postal address.
- Income level.
- Marital status and number of children.
- Your interests such as hobbies and pets.
- Consumer and market research data.
- Purchase behavior.
- Publicly observed data or activities, such as blogs, videos, internet postings, user generated content, and in-store shopping behavior.
All of the information we collect about you may be combined to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop world-class products and services of superiorquality.
How We Use This Information
To provide offers, products and services. We use the information we collect to provide the products and services you request, to tell you about other products and services offered by NIAB, and to manage our sites and services.
The following are ways we may use the information we collect about you:
- Send samples, premiums, products and information.
- Develop new products and services.
- Enroll you in contests, programs, or offers you request.
- To provide you with other services that we have offered to you
- Create and manage your account.
- Process payment for purchases or other services.
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Where permitted by law, provide you with customized, unsolicited offers and information about NIAB’s products and services through postal mail.
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests.
- Analyze the use of our products, services, and sites.
- Understand how you arrived at our site.
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
Your Choices & Access to Your Information
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
Digital / Electronic Communications (examples: email, mobile).
We only send you promotional mobile or email messages if you explicitly ask to receive these. (You opt in).
You can stop receiving promotional mobile and email messages from a particular NIAB brand or group by following the instructions provided in any such message you receive from that brand or group.
Where permitted by law, we may mail you unsolicited offers or product information that we believe is of interest to you.
You can stop receiving promotional postal mail from NIAB. Promotional postal mail may contain opt out instructions, and you can stop receiving promotional postal mail from NIAB by following those instructions.
You can also stop receiving promotional email or postal communication from NIAB through this Privacy Statement.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to stop receiving promotional messages from us, we will honour your request. However, we will continue to send you service related communications and we may need to keep the information we have collected about you for record keeping, analysis or other reasons, to the extent permitted by law.
We take steps to keep your personal information accurate. You can view, correct or update the personal contact information you provide NIAB. You can log in to view or update personal information online.
Cookies, Web Beacons and other Technologies
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
- For Netscape Navigator: http://wp.netscape.com/legal_notices/cookies.html
- For Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/options#privacy
- For Cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information in this manner by declining cookies as described above.
Other Technologies. Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service to you follow:
- Web Session Variables. Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser plug-ins/add-ons. Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on our sites. You have the option not to install these components.
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketers outside of NIAB. We share your personal information only as described below and within NIAB.
In general, we do not share personal information with marketers outside of NIAB unless we have clearly asked for and obtained your explicit consent.
Third-party service providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. Please note that we provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform their services and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email and mobile messages.
- Mail product samples, contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, to send more targeted communications to you.
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services and sites.
In addition, where permitted by law, we may also rely on a service provider to:
- Combine personal information about you that NIAB has collected with personal information about you that our business partner has collected so we can jointly send tailored promotional communications to you. In such instances, our business partner will not have direct access to any information we share about you with the service provider, and only the service provider will be allowed to use the combined set of information to send you joint communications that we hope will be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive these joint communications, you can always opt out by following the instructions provided in any such communication or through this Privacy Statement as indicated above
- Perform other services that we request.
We provide these companies with the personal information they need to provide these services on our behalf. We require these companies to protect this personal information and to not use the information for any other purpose.
Other situations. We may disclose your personal information:
- If NIAB is sold to another company.
- Where permitted by law, to protect and defend the rights and property of NIAB (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- And when required by law, and/or public authorities.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated information that cannot identify you for general business analysis. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to NIAB sites or services.
User Generated Content
Some NIAB sites enable users to submit their own content for contests, blogs, videos, and other functions. Please remember that any information you disclose becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal, financial or other information in a submission. NIAB cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Privacy Statement, the law, or your personal privacy and safety and is not responsible for the results of such postings.
We are committed to keeping personal information secure. We have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for a reasonably needed amount of time.
When we provide your personal information to our third party service providers we require those companies to protect the information and to not use the information for any other purpose.
When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information.
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country other than the one in which it was provided. When we do so, we transfer the information in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
We take steps to protect personal information no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to. We have procedures and controls as appropriate to help ensure this.
We adhere to country data privacy laws.
Children’s Online Privacy
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to participate in and monitor their online activity.
We do not intend to collect personal information from children under 13 online.
When we do collect personal information from children, we do so in compliance with applicable country children’s data protection laws.
You may email us at email@example.com find out how to obtain a copy of the information your child has provided NIAB, to update the information or instruct us to no longer contact your child
If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact NIAB directly.
Nature In A Box Enterprise
A-6-6, Pelangi Utama,
Jalan Masjid, PJU 6A,
47400 Petaling Jaya,
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. We cooperate with country data protection authorities if they believe that a privacy problem has occurred.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will post changes to this Privacy Statement and update the effective date when this Privacy Statement is updated. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you most recently provided us or by posting notice of the changes on this site.